From guest contributor Alan Crowe of Crowe Saw Mills.
Why is timber decking maintenance so important
- The timber decking can be affected by a degree of discolouration from moisture and adverse weather conditions
- Boards could become loose over time
- Boards that are loose or cracked could break if walked upon, which could potentially lead to an injury
- It is quite likely to accumulate dirt, grime and mould over time, which if left unremoved can harm the quality and longevity of the decking
- Aside from the timber becoming damaged, failure to maintain your decking regularly will also make it look grotty and spoil the entire appearance of what should be the pristine feature of your garden